UTOPIA conducts community forums and listening sessions to provide a safe space in which community members can express themselves, identify concerns, and share new ideas for positive impact. We are designing specific activities to bring together members of the Pacific Islander community who identify as LGBTQI and members who do not, in order to provide opportunities for dialogues on issues that are important to all of us.
Education & Employment
Housing & Employment Discrimination
- Seattle Office of Civil Rights
- Learn more about Sex Based Discrimination in Housing (including trans posters, flyers, and information)
Support for Immigrants
In 2012,the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued a Policy Memorandum revising the treatment of gender designations for transgender people on their immigration documents. In order to find out what current law and practice is and how it applies to you we recommend you reach out to a lawyer. If you’re having trouble finding one we suggest checking out:
For non-criminal legal information or phelp please check out:
If you are in Crisis:
- You can call The Crisis Clinic – 24 / 7 at 1- 866-427-4747 – Crisis Clinic receives trans specific training annually
- The Trans Life Line: 1-877-565-8860 – A suicide prevention hotline staffed by Trans, GNC, and allied community members
- For General Resources in King County – Call 2-1-1 or check out The Crisis Clinic’s Online 2-1-1 Resource Database
Support Our Work
Talk with someone at UTOPIA Seattle
We are a QTPI-led organization fighting for equitable access to education, employment, housing, healthcare, and more for all Queer and Trans Pacific Islander youth, adults, elders, and families in Washington.
How can we help? Interested in volunteering or in partnering?
We would love to hear from you!